Working with gender facts and statistics
How different are men and women's roles in American working life? Find out here!
Go to the website from the US Department of Labor and find out the following:
1) What is meant by a 'non-traditional occupation for women'?
2) Why are such jobs attractive?
3) How many percent of the workforce in the following occupations are female? (Make sure you know what the job titles mean.)
- sheet metal workers
- civil engineers
- crane and tower operators
- computer programmers
- chefs and head cooks
- taxi drivers and chauffeurs
- pest control workers