Grammar Toolbox: Capital letters
Most Norwegian words that start with a capital letter are also capitalised in English:
Spania – Spain, Henrik – Henry, etc.
But English has a few more of them. Here are the most important ones:
- Months and days of the week: January, February; Monday, Tuesday, etc.
- Religious and other holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc.
- Nationalities and languages: Norwegian, German, Chinese, etc.
- Religions: Jew, Christian, Muslim
- Historical events: the Civil War, the Second World War
And “jeg/eg” is of course I.